Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 1(5/12/14): The Importance of Cleanliness and Preparation in Space

Today was my first day at the Challenger Learning Center, where I assist by doing many miscellaneous tasks, such as sorting paper to running space missions. After running through the center's orientation slideshow, I was supposed to shadow a group performing a mission to see how the lesson was ran. But missing buses made it difficult for the group to get there. Instead, one of the center's directors decided to teach us the importance of cleanliness in space by having us wipe the two different activities rooms, the control center and the space ship. It is important to have shiny consuls in space. After that, I helped put together wind turbine kits for a teacher workshop this weekend. It required a lot of measuring and cutting.

(A sampling of the many kits that were made.)


Later in the afternoon, I helped test out different and upcoming projects. The one that I am currently working on is called a drawdio, which is a musical pencil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home